Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
Implementation of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) for better plant performance
What are Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)?
A Manufacturing Execution System (MES) is a software solution to automate and digitize manufacturing processes. Manufacturing execution systems are computerized systems used in manufacturing to track and document the transformation of raw materials to finished goods in real-time with information directly from the shopfloor. Today’s cutting-edge and technically sophisticated MES systems play a crucial role in achieving planned business goals, with clearly understood and attainable ROIs delivering pay-back in an almost astonishingly short time. Real-time tracking and aggregation of critical shop floor data by an efficient MES solution help to keep an eye on a number of important key performance indices, including production flow rates and operator productivity. An MES monitors and evaluates every stage of production to improve data-driven decision-making and raise overall plant productivity.
Responding to varying business challenges is easy when you have flexible and agile manufacturing facilities as well as complete and accurate control over them. Real-time information about these plants helps make informed decisions and identify opportunities for improving the production process.
Helium Consulting provides Manufacturing Execution System (MES) services which enable you to achieve all these by integrating your board room with the shopfloor control system via the correct choice of solution platform. Our MES solutions help provide a single view of the plant, better traceability, streamline and synchronize operations, and facilitate flexibility thereby reducing production costs and enhancing profits.
- High standard Manufacturing practices like GMP, Lean Manufacturing, etc, require tremendous commitment to process and involves aligning, tracking, analysing, visualizing, and interpreting a lot of data at a managerial level.
- Manual collection and validation of data is itself a time consuming process, and drilling down to decision making makes it a much delayed feedback process.
- Data assimilation can lead to the generation of loads and loads of paper repository, making historical evidence decision making an almost impossible task, with multiple disparate sources to refer to.
- A lot of time is invested in validating data sources and assimilation rather than decision making.
- DCS and SCADA are extremely operator/ plant level driven and do not always support a change management philosophy. Furthermore they are used for pulling, displaying and analysing data from their own systems almost on a one to one level.
- Most of the times actions have to be taken based on a number of events. If all the various events data is available from multiple sources, it becomes almost impossible to analyse it at the same time as no single platform is present to collect the data across multiple systems to quickly generate a complete scenario description.
- In other words with various rising levels of management, there is requirement for a larger scope of data interpretation and reduction in analysis time, which cannot be satisfied by limited individual plant systems.
- The missing link between plant level control systems and Enterprise systems is what Manufacturing Execution Systems target on building
- More of plant management systems- Primary focus is to analyze and plant operations on a real time basis, determine root cause, and take actions with preventive measures to follow.
- Data centralization and real time information availability over the entire deployment network
- Access to a single source for up gradation, maintenance, implementation, and usability of all your Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and other integrated systems
- Preserving History and establishing a zero error cutover strategy and process during migrations (both inter system and intra system)
- Additional enhancements enabling when shifting to higher or newer versions
- Reduction of Opportunity analysis time with proven and experienced deployment methodologies.
- User defined availability of information and scope of view with different levels of organization management.
- Proliferate the usage and awareness of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) within your organization with our user process specific, orientation and training concept studies.
- Increase the availability of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) tools and built in modules to maximize productivity
- Proof of Concept demonstrations featuring your own available data to justify investment
- Manufacturing Execution System (MES) implementations - either stand-alone, or across the entire company
- MES services such as upgrading of your existing Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to the latest version in the market
- Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) - solution architecting, and scoping studies
- Maximize Overall Equipment effectiveness with OEE interface and add-on proprietary applications
- Feed consulting study towards Manufacturing Execution System (MES) portfolio
- Data centralization & automation
- Role based dashboards and performance trackers, with change management user interface speciality
- Using the entire Manufacturing Execution System (MES) portfolio from our technology vendor to create process specific applications- performance management KPI's, historian deployment, energy management dashboards, graphical plant views, real time trending, maintenance tracking applications, etc.
- Manufacturing Execution System (MES) integration with various plant level data sources (in addition to DCS, PLC, etc)
- Manufacturing Execution System (MES) integration with Enterprise networks.
- Complete migration of existing physical reports and repositories to centralized database- facilitating paper to glass automation principle.
- Driving away manual based reporting and moving towards real time automation capabilities
- A single platform to view all the data, to form a complete context of the manufacturing scenario.
- Manage your technology on a day to day basis, with on the spot customization and configuration activities